Thursday, August 27, 2009

White water rafting in Australia!

So I've fallen a bit behind on my blog postings, and for that I apologize. The requirements of my thesis, Rotary obligations and social life have finally caught up with me, and I forgot that I'd never finished posting on my trip to Australia over winter break. Anyhow, here's the most important part of my trip: white water rafting!

I took my trip down the river my last day in Cairns, and had a GREAT time! The rapids were classes III and IV, and we had an amazing guide. He did purposefully lose about half of us from the raft at one point - retribution for when we refused to fall out for a staged photograph earlier in the run - but he was a lot better than many of the less experienced guides, and took us through some amazing rapids!

Don't worry, I didn't buy these photos - I "won" them on the 2 hour bus ride back to Cairns after the 5 hour trip. I'm excited that I did get them, though, as a memory of the best day of my visit to Australia!

(If you can't tell, I'm in the front of the raft. Obviously. That's where all the fun is!)








1 comment:

Deyanne said...

Amazing white water! It looks like so much fun... wish I had been there with you ! :)