Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Random







To get us all a bit more excited, I wanted to post a few pictures!

The top photo is a stock "University of Auckland" photo. While I assume that not all of the buildings are that beautiful, I do get the impression that it's a fairly old and architecturally impressive campus.

The center photos are of the Auckland Domain, a park in the middle of the city (Auckland's answer to Central Park, more or less). I will be living on Park Rd, which runs along the edge of the Domain, so I plan to spend quite a lot of time there! (The Domain also houses a history museum that's reputed to have an impressive exhibit of the life and history of the Maori population.)

The final photo is a beautiful Auckland city skyline shot. It's taken from a brief Business Week profile - Auckland is again number 5 on the list of the "100 Most Livable Cities in the World" (and, apparently, boasts the largest number of yachts per capita ...).

Yeah, like I'm going to be able to concentrate at work now ...

No comments: